Calling all artists, 2D, 3D, and IRL, we want you to be a part of the second Golden Gallery interactive art exhibit at Burning Man, August 23—31st, 2020.
The Golden Gallery is a 12′ x 8′ space looking to feature a variety of artists.
Painters, sculptors, printmakers, photographers, graphic artists, mixed media, illustrators, lighting designers, mixologists, performance artists, we want it all!
This is perfect opportunity for artists that don’t have the means to get a large scale piece out there – show us a tiny version of it! Not able to go home yourself this year? Send your art instead.
The 2020 theme of Burning Man is:
The 2020 Black Rock City event theme explores the quantum kaleidoscope of possibility, the infinite realities of the multiverse, and our own superpositioning as actors and observers in the cosmic Cacophony of resonant strings. It’s an invitation to ponder the real, the surreal and the pataphysical, and a chance to encounter our alternate selves who may have followed, or are following, or will follow different decision-paths to divergent Black Rock City realities.Read more about the 2020 Multiverse theme
Submissions close April 20, 2020
We encourage artists to dig in to the 2020 theme and play with the following ideas:
- exploration : discovery : interactivity
- curiosity : surprise : delight
- evolution : revolution : transcendence
Other Important Considerations
- Artwork Details / Requirements
- Art will need to be designed to predetermined size, which will be determined after artists selection.
- Dimensions – various sizes ranging from 4″ x 4″ to 23″ x 17″.
- 3D artists will be sent a box to build their art inside. The boxes will be placed behind the frames.
- Must be able to withstand the elements on playa, with all parts secured. No moopy art allowed.
- 3D artwork must include LED lighting.
- Any special infrastructure or power needs should be called out in the proposal.
- Lightweight materials are preferable.
All accepted art is based on artist donations. We can reimburse the cost of shipping artwork. Artwork can be returned, but will be covered in playa dust.
We’re accepting donations to cover the cost of materials, lighting, power, transportation, and storage.
Artworks will be selected based upon the following criteria:
- An artistic vision that delivers on the design attributes noted above (dynamic, interactive, exploratory, parallel universe, etc.)
- Portfolio of previous work
- Demonstrated ability to complete work within a specified timeframe and budget
- Proposals should include:
- Concept Statement – What is your concept of the artwork to be featured? How will it demonstrate the design attributes noted above?
- Design Sketch – Show your conceptual idea, lo-fi sketches or inspiration boards are fine.
- Work Samples – Link to your portfolio or an attachment of relevant previous work.
- Technical requirements – List any technical or special requirements such as:
- Power requirements – if needed
- Lighting plans – required if 3D
- February 1st, 2020: Submissions open
- April 20, 2020: Submissions close
- May 15, 2020: Selected artists notified
- June 15, 2020: Artwork completed and shipped
TELL AN ARTIST
Contact us to let us know how we can help.